Friday, 21 July 2017

My project: A Portable handheld blogpost 6

For about 2 days now, I have been making a gaming handheld. I think its really cool, so far I have made the outer shell of it.To make it you need a raspberry pi zero, some wires, a bread board, a 7 inch screen, battery, 9 tactile switch buttons, and a charging circuit or you can build one, and optional is a 3D printer to print the case.
I have also connected the screen to it and have brought all the other stuff needed to make it, and when it arrives I will put it all together and solder all the parts here are some pictures of it so far.
I was going to 3D print the case but 3D printers are like $500 and its about $200 to get the case printed, so I asked my Dad if he could get some thick cardboard from work.  The next day he came home with some. Then I got my screen and traced around it, and cut out a hole for the screen. Then I hot glued the screen to the body.
I went onto e bay with my mum and brought the wires, buttons, bread board etc. And when those bits come I will solder the wires to the raspberry pi, and hot glue the front to the back.

Here is a link to the full instructions that I used :link here here are the pictures




6 comments:

  1. grate post.I relly want to see the finished vershon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mac i will post some pictures of the finished version when its down

      Delete
  2. Well done Ryan,your handheld device project was fun.
    I'm most proud of your writing though, I know its not your favorite thing.You worked hard to do the writing, and tried extra hard to make it descriptive, and the punctuation. Your perseverance paid off, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long did it take you to make it?
    it is realy cool was it fun makeing it?
    how do you play it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Ryan, I like how your writing is descriptive and how you described what you need to make it. How many games can you play on the portable device. I can't to see it once it is finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! that is cool what I like about it is you made it at home and you did int get it from a shop

    ReplyDelete